COVID-19 BUSINESS RESOURCES
Join Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl & Associates, Inc. and SilvermanAcampora LLP for our free monthly "Monday Morning Coffee Talk" as we address work-related challenges:
Dial-In: (872) 240-3412 Access Code: 147-063-125#
To hear the recordings from our past HR Coffee Talks, please see below:
NOVEMBER 30, 2020 - On this call we explore the following, click here to listen:
1) How employers should handle this year's remaining PTO balances.
Response: Haley Trust, Esq., Attorney, SilvermanAcampora LLP,
2) New York State Sick and Safe Leave Law - compliance from a payroll perspective. Hear from ADP experts.
Response: Christopher Testa, Denis Pobric, ADP Payroll, ,
3) Social stigma associated with COVID-19 and discrimination in the workplace.
Response: Mary Simmons, Director, HR Consulting, Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl & Associates, Inc.,
OCTOBER 19, 2020 - On this call we explore the following, click here to listen:
1) Preparing your company for New York Paid Sick Leave
Response: Dave Mahoney, Employment Law Attorney, SilvermanAcampora,
2) How persistent and consistent communication has an impact on trust in the workplace
Response: Barbara DeMatteo, Director, HR Consulting, Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl & Associates, Inc.
3) How your corporate culture connects to your consumer-facing brand
Response: Cory Rosenberg, Chief Cree8ive Officer, Cree8 Marketing,
SEPTEMBER 14, 2020 - On this call we explore the following, click here to listen:
1) Back to school…Or not? How to manage your employees’ need to care for children during the
Response: Dave Mahoney, Employment Law Attorney, SilvermanAcampora LLP,
2) Travel quarantines – What do we do now? What employers can do before their employees travel and how employers deal with employees who must quarantine when they return from travel
Response: Maureen Bradley, Director, Affirmative Action Compliance, Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl & Associates, Inc.,
3) What is the impact on your business when the psychological well-being of your employees is not being addressed?
Response: Lata K. McGinn, PhD, Co-Founder, Cognitive & Behavioral Consultants,
US DOL Wage Hour Division Coronavirus Home Page: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic
Family First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
FFCRA - Employee Paid Leave Rights – FAQs: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employee-paid-leave
FFCRA - Employer Paid Leave Requirements FAQs: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-employer-paid-leave
FFCRA – FAQs - https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions
NYS PFL and COVID-19: https://paidfamilyleave.ny.gov/COVID19
NYS PFL FORM – Employee: http://docs.paidfamilyleave.ny.gov/content/main/forms/PFLDocs/scovid19.pdf
NYS PFL Form – Child: http://docs.paidfamilyleave.ny.gov/content/main/forms/PFLDocs/ccovid19.pdf
NYS Guidance on Order for quarantine and isolation: https://paidfamilyleave.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2020/03/obtaining-order-of-quarantine.pdf
NYS COVID-19 Fact Sheet for Employees: https://paidfamilyleave.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2020/03/covid-19-sick-leave-employees.pdf
NYS COVID-19 Fact sheet for Employers: https://paidfamilyleave.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2020/03/covid-19-sick-leave-employers.pdf
NYS Pandemic Unemployment Assistance poster: https://labor.ny.gov/ui/pdfs/pandemic-unemployment-assistance.pdf
NYS What You need to know and do about the CARES Act: https://labor.ny.gov/ui/cares-act.shtm
NYS What You need to know and do about the CARES Act Flowchart Poster: https://labor.ny.gov/ui/pdfs/cares-act-need-to-know-flowchart.pdf
NYS Department of Labor: https://www.labor.ny.gov/home/
USCIS and I-9 and Coronavirus: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-coronavirus-2019-covid-19