Job descriptions are important for every business and are critical to assure compliance with employment regulations. They are a versatile management tool and a guide to defending employment actions and complying with ADA, FMLA and other leave policies. Job descriptions provide guidance for FLSA classification, recruitment, training, compensation, and for completing performance evaluations.
What You'll Learn:
* Understand the importance of job descriptions and how to ensure they are compliant.
* Common mistakes on job descriptions: What should and should not be included.
* Steps to creating a properly written and defensible job description that clearly identifies job functions and requirements.
* How to utilize the job description to designate exempt or non-exempt status for a position.
* Why identifying the "essential job functions" is a critical part of a job description.
* Legal ramifications organizations may face if they do not have up to date job descriptions.
Mary Simmons, Director, HR Consulting, Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl & Associates, Inc.
Join the industry experts as they come together to offer free business guidance.
Our upcoming coffee talk will cover the following topics:
1) How employers should handle this year's remaining PTO balances.
2) New York State Sick and Safe Leave Law - compliance from a payroll perspective.
Hear from ADP experts.
3) Social stigma associated with COVID-19 and discrimination in the workplace.
Date: Monday, November 30, 2020
Time: 10:30am *Please Note: At 10:35am sharp the conference call will be locked
and no additional participants will be allowed into the call. The recording will tell you
that you are in the ‘hallway’. We recommend you call in at 10:25am to be guaranteed
a spot on the call.
Dial-In: (872) 240-3412 Access Code: 147-063-125#